Following up from our LG input lag update, we have gone ahead and tested several of Samsung’s 2018 TVs for input lag! Samsung has consistently been a strong performer in this department for the last few years, and 2018 is no exception. As a matter of fact, one of these displays is currently within our top 3 fastest 2018 TVs in our input lag database!
This update includes a variety of their LED TVs, as well as their top of the line QLED lineup. The NU7300, NU7100, and NU6900 feature 60hz displays, whereas the rest of the displays are all native 120hz screens. If you’re able to use a PC or console at 120hz refresh rate, you can expect even lower input lag than the numbers reported here.
What’s really interesting is that we are starting to see full size TVs exhibit close to 10ms input lag, which means we can expect input lag numbers low enough to contest the fastest gaming monitors in the near future.
Excellent – Recommended for the most hardcore gamers who value low input lag. The adjustment from a 60hz gaming monitor will be very minor or non-existent.
Great – A small difference from ‘Excellent’ displays, it shouldn’t affect the grand majority of gamers out there. Those most sensitive to lag may notice, but will usually be within 1 frame.
Samsung 4K HDR – Quantum Dot TVs:
- QLED – 55″ QN55Q6FN – Input Lag: 15ms (Excellent) – Check Amazon
- QLED – 65″ QN65Q9FN – Input Lag: 15ms (Excellent) – Check Amazon
- QLED – 55″ QN55Q7FN – Input Lag: 16ms (Excellent) – Check Amazon
- QLED – 55″ QN55Q8FN – Input Lag: 20ms (Excellent) – Check Amazon
Samsung 4K HDR – LED TVs:
- LED – 55″ UN55NU7300 – Input Lag: 13ms (Excellent) – Check Amazon
- LED – 55″ UN55NU7100 – Input Lag: 13ms (Excellent) – Check Amazon
- LED – 55″ UN55NU8500 – Input Lag: 16ms (Excellent) – Check Amazon
- LED – 55″ UN55NU8000 – Input Lag: 18ms (Excellent) – Check Amazon
- LED – 55″ UN55NU6900 – Input Lag: 23ms (Great) – Check Amazon
As always, you can compare these displays to over 550 displays tested in our input lag database!